Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

Well, HAPPY everything to everyone

I woke up this morning to a new year's cold, not surprising as I spent quite a lot of the week with kids and adults all cold ridden, plus the fact that I've been driving around in a freezing cold car after it tried to poison me with anti-freeze – yuk, believe me it doesn't smell good, it could even be an alternative to glue sniffing – although I guess that's one for Andrew.

Being Jewish, we had two Christmas days?!? – which included two Christmas lunches... One cooked by David and Silvia and one by my mum with a hand from one and all. Way too much food – I think on day two we had four deserts which was just silly, but very tasty except for pudding which I can't stand. Needless to say the 'Gluten free' went out the window.

I had a moment at the end of day two when it all got a bit much and felt sad thinking about all the people not with us – especially my Dad - hard.

Usually the week between Xmas and New Year is quite low key – meaning vegging out in front of the TV, but this year I've managed a walk on the Heath followed by hot chocolate and cake at Café Mozart, skating at Kew, a trip to the sales, session two of a therapy experiment I'm doing (more later), and a New Years Eve party at Irene's – all in all a lovely week – and cold permitting, there's still a trip to Tate Modern to come.

Back to Mary Poppins - don't you love all that technicolor. Roll on 2006.
You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?