Friday, December 09, 2005

 

For the knitters out there


I've changed from English style knitting to Continental style – going back to my roots… Camilla taught me in the summer, but I could only get my head around stitching and not purling, so I've now managed to learn both thanks to the wonderful Stitch and Bitch Handbook (see the sidebar link). I've changed because C and M were knitting about four times as fast as me and it does seem easier and quicker once you get the hang of it. Although at the moment I'm still having trouble holding the yarn…any advice?

John's birthday tomorrow – I'm looking forward to the gluten free goodies that Anna has promised and seeing The Chronicles of Narnia in the evening… I still remember lying on my blanket in the hall at primary school listening to this woman who would come in and read us the Narnia series.
You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?