Monday, August 01, 2005

 

Wedding Days

Well I´m finally sitting down to update the site, having just arrived in Quito. I had a mad two weeks of rushing around getting everything ready for my trip and missed saying goodbye to loads of people. The weddings went really well. There was a slight misunderstanding in London involving a box of confetti, a couple of taxis and a few blisters - but all was alright in the end. Hey Z and B hope you had a good time, really glad you both made it.

The wedding in Bogota was magical. Silvia´s family were so welcoming Bogota felt like a home away from home. The wedding took place in a tiny chapel beautifully decorated with gorgeous flowers and rose petals scattered on the ground. The service - Catholic - was long...and a little odd under the circumstances - but hey! And as a godmother (along with T) I had to sign as a witness....Silva had failed to inform me about this and I did feel a bit conflicted - but as I´m a Godmother to Sarah I guess it´s a similar thing. Modernity meets tradition...and doesn´t quite fit together.

The reception afterwards was great fun... wonderful food and lot´s of salsa dancing...Alicia I should have asked for a lesson!
You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?