Saturday, December 02, 2006

 

A wide sweep

With the idea that I wanted to know more, the next day I finally headed off to the German History Museum, where I wondered around for almost five hours soaking up the information. I only found a little of what I was looking for, titbits of explanation. In many ways it felt more like a history of Europe, taking a wide sweep, understandably; it reminded me of just how related to each other European countries are, with a connected and interlocking history, but I wanted details – how did people live in this part of Germany, at that time and then in another part, at another time. I left with back ache and only a little more clarity, thinking well OK, the Jewish Museum will give me the answers, even though I'm not sure I want it to be a separate history from the greater population.

Labels:

You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?