Wednesday, February 01, 2006

 

Putting my hand up

Do you ever find yourself standing behind someone in a queue, at an information desk, who's asking a question and the person they are asking doesn't understand what they mean? So yesterday, I'm standing there listening to the confusion taking place, biting my tongue, wanting to jump right in there and answer the question - I think it must be a kick back to all those times at school when I didn't have the nerve to put my hand up. I stand there patiently listening and then my need to 'bring understanding', gets the better of me and I start explaining and the person whose job I've now started doing gives me this go away look... but it's OK, because my satisfaction/smugness overrides his pure hate.
You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?