Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Braces update week 2

Two weeks tomorrow since the braces were put on and already if I close my mouth I can forget they are even there. My gums still get a bit sore if I don't use any wax for a while, and I still can't really chew, although I did mange a fruit bar, with the odd nut, I wouldn't recommend it. My teeth have definitely already moved (yes, yes I'm thinking about posting pictures – maybe when there is more to see).

I have been having a lot of TMJ, to the point where if I massaged my jaw, it would make me nauseous and already it feels much more relaxed, which I'm really excited about. I have this theory that the TMJ might have something to do with back pain that I have had for years and at my last yoga class, I did a back bend that usually involves me trying hard to remember to breath and this time I thought I could stay there forever, there was a distinct absence of pain, I don't want to get too excited just yet, as it could be a fluke, I'll see what happens next time.

I'm still quite self-conscious about them though, I shared a table at Planet Organic the other day with a father and daughter and it was quite hard to eat and talk with strangers at the same time - I resorted to the Japanese hand movement - my hand shot in front of my mouth a lot.

Technorati Tags:

You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?