Friday, February 10, 2006

 

A night out with the braces

Gemma Hayes playing at a tiny venue in London.

It turned out to be one of those really special evenings. She has a beautiful voice and the venue was so small it really was a, 'you could be in your living room' experience... and amazingly Kevin Shields from My Bloody Valentine was an unexpected guest.

I'm not sure this was very cool, but I followed others in taking down one of the posters from the wall at the end and I got it signed for Simon. I made a lame joke about Uggs which she had mentioned, basically being such a small room it got very hot and I was wearing Uggs and wool trousers - I'd somehow forgotten I was going to a gig when I got changed - I blame the braces. It was a challenge to talk with them, I just about managed to get the words out, it's quite hard to know whether to try and hide them or not bother, and my lips seem to get caught up in them as I speak, I'm sure it will get easier.

She's playing in London again at the Scala on the 8 March.

Technorati Tags:

You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?