Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

Stones and speed bumps

I went to our residents meeting this week, which as I'm living in the family home, just happens to take place at my secondary school (is there no escaping it – I'd just missed a reunion at the weekend)… So I found myself sitting in my old school gym for the first time in ah-hum year's, trying to concentrate on the size of stones and the height of speed bumps, when all the while my brain kept transporting me back to a younger version of myself attempting to play basketball, I think I spent most of the time trying to decide which hand to bounce the ball with, in the unlikely case it ever came my way.

I was introduced to the new principal of the school – who's come over from NY, she was just starting to tell me about being involved with Holocaust education when we were interrupted [hey the first time I've used the H word in this blog]… so ironically having missed the reunion, I ended up being asked back for lunch.
You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?