Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Action now!



Well, I sort of went on the march today. I missed the actual march and joined them outside Downing Street. I wish I could do marches, but I have a really hard time being one of the pack… Even the little bit of chanting I caught at the end started to freak me out. I just get very uncomfortable; I'm no good at black and white – even when it's right. The turnout was shamefully small, which I don't understand, so I'm glad I went. As a bonus I met some really interesting people and afterwards a bunch of us went for some slow fast food with lots of chat. What was unsaid was at one point we were descendents whose parents had escaped one genocide in conversation with someone whose country is being ravaged by another.

Labels:

You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?