Sunday, October 29, 2006

 

Explosions

I saw a beautifully restored version of Dr. Strangelove this afternoon as part of the Festival. I don't think I have ever seen it before; it was very funny, but ultimately very depressing. This was the first screening of the restored print, which has taken over a year to complete, three of the people who worked on it were at the screening and it's a real shame that the cinema wasn't full.

On the way home it felt like I was in a movie... I slouched in first class on the train to Clapham Junction and then there was a replacement bus service the rest of the way home. Of course there was the mandatory drunk on the bus who unfortunately got abusive and then got into a fight with two of the people I was sitting with, luckily I managed to get out of the way just in time. We were at a stop, but the South West Train's guy was completely useless, just standing watching, even when he got on the bus he didn't do anything whilst the drunk guy was attacking a passenger, it took another passenger to get the drunk off the bus. You would think that South West Train's, train their employees to deal with this kind of situation, it's not like it's rare in London on a weekend.

Labels:

You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?