Monday, July 03, 2006

 

Heat wave

I'm blaming the weather, (an official heat wave*) for my lack of posts, that and the wheat. I finally thought I would have a blood test for some medical legitimacy on the gluten issue. Everywhere I've read it says you have to be eating gluten in order for the test to work, so I was dragged kicking and screaming to the bread shop (as if, I couldn't get there fast enough) for a weeklong festival of wheat. The only trouble is I don't think a week will do it - I think it needs to be 3 months and a week was all I could manage. I had the blood test on Friday anyway. Just in case you are wondering, I made the most of my week, highlights being; birthday cake and those yummy fairy cakes at R's party, bravely continued with a pizza (wonderful until it made me feel very ill), I had the most delicious sandwich of melting brie on ciabatta (made even better by being eaten whilst sitting out in the sun), a bagel, and the piece de resistance was a cup cake. Although everything was very tasty, my stomach was not happy, I never thought I would say this, but it was actually a relief to stop on Friday.

* My computer substitutes as a very efficient hot water bottle, in the winter it's great, in the summer it's hard going.
You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?