Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Monkey...magic

Flashback to after school TV - Monkey as in Monkey magic - that strange Japanese cult children's program, the one I thought I was the only person watching until I grew up, is on ITV4. Go watch...

Lots of fighting with long sticks and badly dubbed English, a classic.

Go on you remember: Tripitaka, Pigsy, and Sandy, I've just been reading (displacement) that it actually retells a 16th century Chinese epic quest story, called Hsi Yu Chi (Journey to the West). Apparently, the Tang Priest Hsüan Tsang (Tripitaka) is traveling to a monastery in India to retrieve some Buddhist scriptures. I wonder if there is a game version now?
You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?