Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

Braces, what again? Again?

I thought it was about time for a braces update – Bruce especially for you!

Since I last enlightened you I've had a wire pop out – I don't know how this happened, but I've been assured by both the Ortho and his assistant that it won't happen again once I move onto the next wire – I'm not sure whether I should be pleased or worried, does thicker wire equal pain? It took the Ortho all of 2 seconds to 'pop' it back – it's all in the knowing how.

Yesterday the same bit of wire became convex (from my mouths point of view) - pulling all my teeth the wrong way - I thought I had overdone it munching on an apple (cut up small, I couldn't even think of biting into a whole one). This time I managed on my own to flip it back, which was a relief, because it was starting to get very painful, amazing how much and how quickly it changed the pressure.

On the subject of bite turbos – I seem to have eaten off all the stuff he put on to build them up – so am back to square one, being careful not to bite off the brackets. Things are changing though and in certain positions my teeth finally meet. My stomach is happy - less indigestion.

Still lisping, I don't think it's something I'm going to get used to, but otherwise all fine.

Wire change, here's hoping, in a couple of weeks… Bruce I promise, no more braces talk until then… unless something drastic happens.

Technorati Tags:

You are viewing a post on my old site. Click here to find this post on the new site.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?